AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

How can time move so slowly, yet so fast?

Well, here it is, my last official day of Maternity Leave.  How does time move so slow at times and so fast overall?  It feels like just yesterday I was waiting for E to be born, now she is 18 days old, and I go back to work tomorrow.  I am just glad it is still working from home!  :)  Her swing is all setup next to my desk and today we are practicing sleeping in our swing and listening to Mommy type.  The real trick will be to see if she puts up with Mommy's conference calls...LOL!

We had a busy weekend.  On Friday we said goodbye to Nana and Papa Shough, we miss them very much.

We also had our first bath on Thursday and have since needed another one.  E doesn't really mind being bathed too much but doesn't like the cold afterwards.  We have to snuggle in our warm blankets for a while afterwards to recover!

We also need to boast about Daddy's gardening abilities.  Today Adam surprised me with a huge summer squash.  Not sure how we missed this one in the garden but I have to show it off.  For perspective I put a soda can in the pictures.  Guess what we are having for dinner tonight?
Now I just have to figure out how to cook it.  I am thinking a nice Yellow Squash Au Gratin but I think I might need more squash than I have.  I have this jumbo squash and two smaller ones, maybe it'll be enough for just Adam and I, I'll have to keep looking at recipes though.  Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that Evette is already 18 days old!!! Holy cow! I'm glad that you get to work from home for a while before you have to go back to work at your building. How long can you work from home? As to the squash, you could try baking or grilling it as a side dish.

    ReplyDelete