AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

5 Month Update

Yes, it has happened, E has reached the 5 month mark today!  We are celebrating tonight by going to our RS Christmas dinner activity, yep, it should be a good time.

E has reached several new milestones in the past couple of weeks including:
  1. Chewing on her toes, which seem more appetizing than her hands
  2. She seems to have nailed down thumb sucking but will use both her thumb and paci, mostly paci and thumb seems to be a good backup when she doesn't have the paci
  3. She actually got to her hands and knees on Sunday morning but then flopped down to her belly almost instantly.  However, I have taken it as a sign that my little one will be mobile soon.
  4. She is doing better sitting on her own, she still needs some help with support but she can sit on her own for a couple seconds at a time.
  5. HER HAIR IS GROWING!!!!  :)  You can now tell that she is a little fuzz head!
  6. I think we may have started the separation anxiety stage, when Lauren came over to babysit while I hung the Christmas lights she was not a happy girl.  It only seemed to be bad when she was tired, I was really hoping to skip that part, but my fingers are still crossed!
  7. She doesn't seem to be a picky formula eater.  I have been giving her Similac Sensitive and I needed to buy more last night.  Ralph's (my grocer) was all out of the big tubs of S. Sensitive so I bought some Gerber Good Start Sensitive because I had an $8.00 off check and I have been mixing the two since last night and she eats it just the same, which makes me so happy, because it probably means I can start her on the generic brand of sensitive formula and save us a ton of $$$$$$$.
In the past month she has given us a run for our money.  We had an episode of crying that lasted for 20-25min and I could not console her.  I was worried it was something wrong or teeth related but in the end it seemed to be a combination of a stomach bug and a poopy diaper.  Her poop must have been really acidic because that one diaper which she had not been in that long gave her the worst case of diaper rash she has had yet.  I think it was stinging her little behind which was why she was crying so and the bad Mommy I was did not realize she had a poopy diaper so I wasn't doing anything about it.  Now I am checking her diaper every 5 min.... 
::remember moderation in all things::

We also had an episode with her giraffe Sophie.  She was on her quilt playing with Sophie and I was sitting on the couch.  I heard her start to choke and gag and looked down to see that she had shoved one of Sophie's legs all the way down there throat.  Silly girl, Sophie's legs are not chicken!  :)

It all boils down to trouble, I know once she's mobile I am going to be in trouble!!!!  :)

Here are some recent pictures to celebrate being 5 months old:
 Our little thug...

All smiles and giggles...

A true California babe, she loves napping in the sun, it's Adam's secret weapon to get her to sleep

My little SoCal family


Here are some Christmas pictures I took (I am doing a letter this year, instead of cards, and her Santa and a few other Christmas pictures will be reserved for the letter ::smile::):


And last but not least, an ode to being 5 months old, a retrospective:
0 Months


1 Month


2 Months


3 Months


4 Months


5 Months
(Look Mommy, I am a big girl now!)


1 comment:

  1. Happy 5th Month Birthday Evette! She is such a little heartbreaker! It sounds like she is a busy little bee! We can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete